ROCK 100.5’s “10k Christmas” CONTEST
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WNNX (“Station”), owned and operated by Susquehanna Radio LLC, 780 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the “10K Christmas Day” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents, excluding Florida and New York residents, age twenty-one (21) years or older at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen Audio, who have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days, and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station in the last 90 days or a prize valued at $500 or more in the last 180 days. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of Susquehanna Radio LLC, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. A person may qualify only one (1) time and there is only one (1) Qualifier per immediate household and/or immediate family member. Once a person qualifies in a household and/or in an immediate family, then all other person are ineligible to participate in this contest.
2. Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 7:30 a.m. ET on November 18, 2019 and will run through 6:59 p.m., ET on December 13, 2019 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
3. How to Enter. To enter:
(i) On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays November 11, 2019 to December 13, 2019 for the key word to text to qualify. When the Station plays the daily “cue-to-text” sounder, listeners should text the Station at 68683. One person will be selected at random per day as the qualifier, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to qualified to win the grand prize, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished.
(ii) Online: Visit the Station’s website atlantasrockstation.com during the Contest Period, click on the “Contest” link, click on the “1oK Christmas” Contest link, and complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET on December 12, 2019 to be eligible for daily drawing. Limit one (1) entry per person per day per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event
(iii) On Location: Go to the Rock 100.5 Table Sunday December 15, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Sports & Social 825 Battery Ave SE #610, Atlanta, GA 30339 and complete an entry form no later than 2:00 p.m. (Including your name, telephone number, email address, date of birth). Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received December 15, 2019 at 2:00 pm., CST. Incomplete (except for the opting-in aspect) or illegible entry forms, as determined in the Station’s sole discretion, will be considered not entered for purposes of this Contest.
4. Qualifier Selection. The Station will select thirty (30) Total Qualifiers via the following methods:
(i) ON AIR: Twenty Five (25) ON AIR Qualifiers will be invited to attend the ball drop event Saturday, December 15, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Sports & Social 825 Battery Ave SE #610, Atlanta, GA 30339. On Air Contesting happening November 18, 2019 to December 13, 2019.
(ii) Online: One (1) Qualifier will be chosen from Online registrations from www.atlantasrockstation.com to receive an invite to ball drop event Sunday, December 15, 2019 from 1:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Sports & Social 825 Battery Ave SE #610, Atlanta, GA 30339. The Online Qualifiers will be chosen on or around 6:59 p.m., ET December 13, 2019.
(iv) Last chance: Four (4) Qualifiers at the Final Event Registration on Sunday December 15, 2019 chosen by 2:00 pm ET. If for any reason after the four (4) Last Chance qualifiers are chosen ALL of the (30) TOTAL Qualifiers required for the Final drawing are NOT properly checked-in and present that day, the Station reserves the right to choose multiple entries from the Last Chance registration box that day at the FINAL Drawing in order to reach one thirty (30) TOTAL Qualifiers who are properly checked-in and present. All qualifiers MUST be present in order to be eligible for final drawing and to win the Grand Prize.
5. Winner Selection. All Qualifiers must attend the Final Event Sunday December 15, 2019 from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at Sports & Social 825 Battery Ave SE #610, Atlanta, GA 30339 and check in no later than 2:00 p.m. In order to participate/register for the chance to participate to win the Grand Prize. ALL Qualifiers MUST present a current, valid government issued photo ID and check in with the Station no later than 2:00 p.m., ET and remain present throughout the Final Event conducted at location on Sunday December 15, 2019 from 1:00 p.m.to 4:00 p.m. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON. Should a Qualifier not check-in by the stated deadline, not have a current, valid government issued photo ID, and/or leave the premises after properly checked-in, then he/she will be immediately disqualified and will no longer be eligible to win the Grand Prize. When qualifiers arrive at the Sports & Social 825 Battery Ave SE #610, Atlanta, GA 30339 they will be instructed to go to the Radio Station Table, The Drawing Area and complete the check-in process.
Grand Prize Winner Selection Breaking of Balls: Once the 30 Qualifiers check-in they will be asked to choose, from the 3.1 inch glass ornament balls filled with sand (29 containing black sand, 1 containing red sand) displayed on site, qualifiers will be given a number. THAT chosen Number will be the order the qualifiers will choose a ball. Once ALL qualifiers are checked in the Station will begin the Ball Smashing consisting of the 30 participant’s one at a time, throwing their 3.1 inch glass ball on white surface, in a confined area, where participants will wear protective eye wear. Spectators will be in a roped off area out of harms’ way. The participant to smash the 3.1 inch glass ornament ball with red sand wins ten thousand dollars ($10,000.00). If for any reason there are less than 30 Qualifiers present for the event, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to randomly select, eligible (as defined above) replacement Qualifiers from Last Chance registrations in attendance on the day of the contest to make sure there are 30 TOTAL Qualifiers. If for any reason there are no more Last Chance entries left to CHOOSE eligible Qualifiers, the Station will remove the necessary amount of balls to display a number equal to the number of Qualifiers properly checked-in and in attendance at the event. ALL QUALIFIERS MUST BE PRESENT AND REMAIN PRESENT TO WIN. Each Qualifier will be given the opportunity to select ONE (1) AND ONLY ONE (1) ball at random from all of the available balls displayed. Each Qualifier will pick their one (1) and only ball and smash it. If the ball the Qualifier chose does NOT have red sand in it than NOT the winner and they leave the broken ball on ground.
Ball Breaking attempt Rules:
– All contest ball attempts must occur in the presence of a Station on site contest administrator. Any attempt(s) not made in the presence of a Station contest administrator for any reason will be disqualified and is not eligible for the grand prize.
– Each Qualifier will have ONE (1) opportunity to choose ONE (1) of the balls from the display at random and then attempt to smash the ball on ground.
In the event of an error in the preparation of the contest materials including the 30 balls, thirty numbers given to participants for picking order, or any tampering that results in any particular ball from the 30 balls needed to break, and/or any other occurrence that jeopardizes the integrity and overall fairness of the Contest, as determined in the Station’s sole and exclusive discretion, then the Station administrator will conduct a random drawing from the final, eligible checked-in Qualifiers that completed the Qualifier check in registration forms at the final event that day December 15, 2019 to determine the grand prize winner.
The winning entrant will need to have RED SAND inside it.
Station’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Contest and the selection of the potential winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
6. Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
7. Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Susquehanna Radio LLC, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
9. Taxes. All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
10. General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Grand Prize. One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in this Contest. The Grand Prize winner will receive ONE (1) CASH ARV $$10,000.00 [TEN thousand dollars]. To redeem the Grand Prize the winner will need to go to Radio Station 780 Johnson Ferry Rd NE STE 500 Atlanta, GA 30342 during regular business hours between 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and complete all necessary paperwork. Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time.
There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply
13. Disputes. Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
CONTEST SPONSOR: CONTEST SPONSOR: Susquehanna Radio LLC WNNX, 780 Johnson Ferry Rd. NE, Atlanta, GA 30342.