It’s the 25th of July! How the hell did that happen? Dawgs football returns in 39 days. Halloween is 97 days away and *gulp* Christmas comes 5 months from today. Make the most out of the rest of summer with this handy dandy list.
- Catch a Braves game at Suntrust Park. The baby Braves have exceeded expectations this year and plan on playing into October. The Battery is bad ass, and tickets are still relatively cheap.
- Party crash a street festival. In August alone there’s the Decatur BBQ, Blues, and Bluegrass Festival, the Grant Park Summer Shade Festival, and Piedmont Park’s Art Fest.
- Shoot the hooch! Feel the sunshine on your skin, take in the good view, crack open a cold can, and sit awhile. Just remember to bring a life jacket and inner tube. If you don’t have one, there’s plenty of companies that’ll get you on the water. My favorite section to float is the spot between Ford Island and Azalea Park.
- Go to a concert. Concert season is in full swing. August alone promises Slayer, Rob Zombie, STP w/ Bush, Phish, Shinedown and Godsmack….the list goes on and on. Find tickets under the ‘Concerts’ tab on our website.
- Take a hike. Get out of the urban jungle of 285 and go north. Find trails that match your ideal terrain, distance, and destination. From waterfalls to mountain views, Georgia has it all. My go to hike: Mt. Yonah.