Summer begins! Is it hot enough for you? We’re cranking the A/C and blasting four times the rock for a fourplay weekend 😉 You will get damp. The forecast is calling for sun and thunderstorms all weekend long, but if you don’t mind getting soggy, here’s what you can do in Atlanta this weekend:
- Jazz Fest – Piedmont Park- Saturday+Sunday. Free! But also a pain in the ass to get to. Try Uber or walking forever.
- Georgia Renaissance Festival – Fairburn – Friday, Saturday, + Sunday. Tickets start at 19 bucks, but you’ll want to upgrade to the pub crawl package and drink mead like a King.
- Decatur Arts Festival – Downtown Decatur – Saturday+Sunday. Free! It’s more than just art. They’ve got live music, comedy shows, and alllll the food you’d expect at a street festival. Something for the whole family.
- Braves Baseball – Suntrust Park – Memorial Day. Ticket packages include a Braves hat and a $3 donation to the USO of Georgia. The Bravos will be sporting camo honoring our fallen soldiers with a day game set for 1:10 against the Mets.
- U2 – Infinite Energy Arena- Memorial Day. $45+ Cap off your three day weekend with Bono and the Experience + Innocence Tour. There’s a reason why this band rakes in every summer…their live show is something to be seen. Call in sick to work on Tuesday.
Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day Weekend. Cheers!